Why Get a Neck Lift?
The progress of aging is readily seen on the jawline and the neck. Due to stress, heredity, environmental conditions and gravity, there may be a loss of the youthful contours in your neck and face. Perhaps you have noticed excess wrinkling in your neck or a “turkey wattle” (also known as a double chin). Maybe there is excess fat and skin relaxation in your lower face, which has created jowl lines. You may not feel ready for a full facelift if your upper face is still pleasing to you. However, if your neck area does not match your upper facial appearance, then you may be an ideal candidate for a neck lift surgery.
A neck lift, also known as lower Rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure geared towards improving the visible signs of aging in the neck and jawline. The neck lift can only be performed surgically and the ensuing results cannot be achieved through non-surgical rejuvenation treatments. The surgeons will use a traditional neck lift incision or a limited incision neck lift depending on the change that you’d like to see.
During recovery from neck lift surgery, the surgeon will likely place a bandage gently around your neck and face to minimize bruising and swelling. The patient will also be given specific instructions by their Florida plastic surgeon to follow during recovery as well as a follow-up appointment. These instructions will include how to care for the surgical site as well as medication to take orally or apply topically in order to aid the healing process. The patient should refrain from applying ice to the neck, as this can compromise blood flow. It may take several weeks to months for the swelling to be gone and up to six months for the incision lines to mature.
Stop wearing turtlenecks year-round to hide your neck. Make the first step towards a change by consulting with the best plastic surgeons in Florida at the premier center for cosmetic surgery.
Am I a Good Candidate for the Neck Lift Procedure?
A wide variety of patients can achieve optimal, highly satisfying results from a neck lift procedure, and many people are ideal candidates. Generally, good candidates for a neck lift include:
- Healthy individuals that do not have pre-existing conditions that may affect the healing process
- Individuals who are interested in improving the overall appearance of their neck area, including reducing the appearance of loose skin, excess fat, a “turkey wattle” or double chin, or wrinkling
- Individuals who are satisfied with the appearance of their upper face, and therefore do not feel a full facelift is necessary
During your consultation appointment, your plastic surgeon can determine if a neck lift procedure is a right fit for you.
Frequently-Asked Questions about the Neck Lift Procedure
Does a neck lift leave visible scars?
While a neck lift does involve a small incision near the ears and underneath the chin, the placement of incisions is extremely intentional. The incisions are just on specific spots within the hairline on the ears and tucked under the chin, so any scarring will not be visible straight on. Additionally, our surgeons make every effort, both during surgery and in the support of your aftercare, to minimize scarring as much as possible.
What is the average age for a neck lift?
Neck lift patients range anywhere from their 20s to their 70s, with the procedure serving a versatile mix of purposes. Younger patients may find that a neck lift is highly beneficial after significant weight loss, or to resolve a heredity fullness of the neck or chin. Patients in their 50s, 60s, and 70s often elect to have the procedure to help reduce the signs of aging.
How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon for a Neck Lift Procedure
Choosing the best plastic surgeon for a neck lift procedure can feel like an overwhelming decision, but it doesn’t have to be. When you’re searching for the top plastic surgeons in Florida, there are a few key factors to keep in mind:
- Select a Florida cosmetic surgery practice led by licensed, highly-trained professionals, specifically surgeons who have demonstrated a commitment to the field through ongoing training, extensive education, and membership in professional organizations.
- Make sure to review patient testimonials and feedback, checking various reputable sources.
- Schedule a consultation to determine if the practice is the right fit for you and your specific needs. It can be helpful to come prepared with a list of questions and concerns so that the doctor can give you all the information you’re interested in.
- Ask to see before and after photographs of past patients, so that you’re able to get a clear idea of the surgeon(s) quality of work and style. A reputable practice will be more than happy to provide you with photos; if your request is refused, it’s a definite red flag.
Schedule Your Cosmetic Surgery Consultation Today
If you’re considering getting a neck lift in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Vanguard Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is happy to schedule an informative consultation appointment to help you make a well-informed decision. At your consultation, our highly-trained professionals can help you determine whether a neck lift will provide your desired results, or if another combination of procedures may be a better fit. Our doctors are happy to take the time to answer all your neck lift questions, giving you the information you need to feel confident moving forward.
Contact Vanguard Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to schedule your personal consultation today and let us help you look and feel your very best.
More Face Procedures