Breast Augmentation still remains the most popular cosmetic surgical procedure according to statistics from the ASPS.
Last year, over 279,000 women opted in for this highly demanded procedure, which is only a 2% decline from previous years. The numbers tell us, breast augmentation isn’t going anywhere, and with a 98% worth it rating on Real Self, many women pursue this procedure every year without regret.
There are many different reasons that women across the country are choosing breast augmentation as their ideal procedure to enhance their curves, however knowing which questions to ask your Ft. Lauderdale plastic surgeon can really help you to make the decision that is best for you and your body.
Questions you should ask:
- Expertise- Ask your surgeon about their expertise. How many breast augmentation and mommy makeover procedures they have performed over the years to assess their skill level.
- Price- There’s no shame in asking for the price of your procedure. It’s good to know if you can afford all the costs associated with it. If the breast augmentation cost is a little too high at the moment, you can always check in with your surgeon about financing options. Most women do not know the options available to them to help with the cost of the procedure.
- Pain- Be sure to ask about pain. Many different people have different levels of pain, it’s best to prepare with your surgeon about pain management options while you are healing.
- Recovery- Find out what the timeline should look like on your recovery time. When it comes to major surgery, it’s likely you may need some help afterward. A good surgeon will prepare you to begin planning ahead.
- Cooperation- Find out what you can do to minimize the risk of any short or long-term complications. It is very important that you cooperate with your surgeon, and what he/she is telling you to do to help you recover beautifully.
- Risks- As with any breast augmentation surgical procedure, there are always risks. You should collect as much information as possible about the risks of going under the knife to assess if this is truly the best decision for your body.
- Future- It is important to get an understanding of how your new look is going to affect your lifestyle long term. Do you plan on having children in the near or far future? If so, be sure to get an understanding of how your implants may affect your future.
- Results- There is no one size fits all solution to breast implants. Find out what the best results are for your body type is going to be. Listen to your surgeon’s recommendation, and ask for a visual of your new body.
- Follow Up- You should know what type of follow-up will be needed after your breast augmentation procedure. Be sure to comply with how frequently your surgeon needs to see you after the procedure to ensure optimal care.
Be sure to take a list of every question and concern you have on your consultation.
The best plastic surgeons in Fort Lauderdale will take time to hear all your questions and will address them one at a time. It is important that you are well-informed and comfortable with your decision to enhance your breasts. If you have any questions or concerns about your breast augmentation procedure, Contact Us today to book an appointment.