Why Get Eyelid Augmentation?
There is a proverb which says “the eyes are the windows to the soul.” Through the eyes, we are able to express a range of emotions such as joy, sadness, excitement, and fear. Not only does your eyes show emotion or expression, your eyes are the first part of your face that show your age.
Some common reasons to consider eyelid surgery include having:
- A puffy appearance to the upper eyelids, which make you look aged, tired or sad
- Excess hanging skin which hides the natural folds of the upper eyelids
- Dark circles and bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that show the white beneath the iris
- Loose upper eyelid skin that may impair vision
Eyelid surgery (also known as an eyelift or blepharoplasty) can improve the appearance of your eyelids or the area around the eyes. The surgery can be performed on the upper eyelid, lower eyelid, or both. This procedure is designed to get rid of puffy bags, drooping eyelids and dark circles under the eyes.
In terms of eyelid recovery, patients who undergo eyelid surgery get stitches removed in 3-4 days and the small pieces of tape (steri-strips) within 7 days. Patients typically return to work between 8-10 days and can resume their normal activity in 3-4 weeks, with clearance from the doctor. Contact your South Florida cosmetic surgery center today to discuss which procedure is the best for you. It’s your time to turn back the hands of time and see the world through a new (and younger) view.