Why Get a Facelift?
As we live, we are able to experience all aspects of life- the joys, pains, laughter, etc. We hold these memories in our heart and minds and are able to remember them through time. We do not need to carry the memories of life’s events on our face- in the wrinkle lines, age spots, crow’s feet etc.
Visible signs of aging can be caused by varying factors such as stress, environmental conditions, heredity and gravity. The aging process can also be hastened due to unhealthful habits such as smoking, insufficient rest, excessive sun exposure, and even a poor diet. Aging, which includes declining levels of collagen production in tissues and elastin, can be shown in the following signs:
- Loss of skin tone in the lower face, which causes jowls
- Excessively fatty, puffy, or sagging eyes (hooding)
- Dark circles and shadows, puffiness or excessive lines under or around the eye
- Loose skin and excess fat deposits under the chin and jaw, which gives the appearance of a double chin
- Frown lines or furrows on the forehead and between the eyes and eyebrows
- Facial fat (volume) that has fallen or disappeared
Non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments may delay the time for when a facelift becomes an option, but it cannot achieve the same results as facelift surgery. Facelift surgery (also known as Rhytidectomy) is a cosmetic procedure designed to improve the visible signs of aging. The surgery is individualized to meet your needs and grant an improved natural appearance.
Facelift surgery is an outpatient surgery and during facelift recovery, a bandage may be placed around your face to support the healing process and minimize swelling. The patient will also be given specific instructions by their South Florida plastic cosmetic surgery center to follow during recovery as well as a follow-up appointment.
Now is the time to erase the years from your face. Contact the best plastic surgeons in Florida today to learn how!